We promote #truthexperiences
Preaching = telling people how to live.
That’s not what we do.
#truthexperience = telling a story that inspires people to live better.
That’s what we do.
At Kentstead Media we care about two things: 1) that you are passionate about inspiring people to live better, and 2) that you are skilled in crafting truth experiences; that you know how to use a picture or a story to inspire people to embrace truth.
We promote universal truths shared in inspiring truth experience formats. Experience formats are primarily: #readingexperiences and #artexperiences.
A truth speaker can infuse truth into their work subliminally and in a way that is not necessarily latent, but nearly latent. Subliminal means it’s done without the seeker being totally aware of the truths you are weaving in. Latent tends to mean hidden or concealed. Thus, when we say nearly latent we mean that truths are so naturally a part of the flow of the creation that the truthspeaking is not loud, overt, or obvious.
We expect all who submit to be active as #truthspeakers already on websites and social media. Please be sure to have active, uplifting accounts with a minimum of 5 posts before submitting. Truth-speaking and truth-experiences are relatively new perspectives on publishing. Come to us skilled, but prepared to learn and grow in the art of creating truth-experiences.
For Your Information:
We are currently closed for new submissions. But you are welcome to pursue our “Manuscript Design” serviCes.
When we re-open for submissions, the following apply:
- We don’t charge you to publish with us, but we do charge for our expended resources if you terminate your contract after we’ve begun our publishing process ($1,500 – $10,000).
- We do promote and market you minimally, but you are expected to be your own marketer and are required to promote yourself significantly. We can’t make you famous. But we can assist you as you put forth the effort to make yourself known.
- We do not offer advances on royalties at this time.
- Do not contact us to see if your submission fits or it if is “ready for submission.” This will not aid you in getting published or produced. Simply submit and we will tell you honestly if you are ready, and/or whether or not you fit with Kentstead. If you want help with your mansuscript, please pursue our “Manuscript Design” services.
- We DO NOT allow our authors to choose their own illustrator, or to insist upon an illustator he/she has used for the manuscript previously. When you choose to publish with us, you give us that creative right.
For ALL SUBMISSIONS, email us directly at SUBMISSIONS@KENTSTEADMEDIA.COM and please give us the EXACTLY following:
- your contact information (email, cell)
- underlying moral, theme, or truth of your book/art
- other specific, clearly stated truths the book/art inspires/teaches (up to 3)
- two specific truths you live by every day
- Your social media handles (IG, FB, YouTube, etc.)
For book submissions, please also include:
- Please copy and paste the first three (3) chapters of your book into the email.
For ALL art submissions, please also include the following:
- Please write at least 3 paragraphs describing the background of your piece of art (or art series), what truth inspired you to paint/draw it, and how you feel it will inspire people to live better.
We ask that you NOT use this email to contact us with questions about submissions. If your question is not answered by the information above, we encourage you to interact with us via our social media channels.
Have you Read?
If you have never read a book on writing, we STRONGLY encourage you to read at least three (3) books on the list below BEFORE submitting your manuscript for publication.
- The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. (or any other newer addition)
- 78 Reasons Your Book May Never Be Published and 14 Reasons Why it Might by Pat Walsh
- Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maas
- Writing Unforgettable Characters by James Scott Bell
- How to Write Dazzling Dialogue by James Scott Bell